Saturday, March 7, 2009

Goat Farm without Smell?

Not unusual? But not easily found..!! If you come to my farm you will be surprised because there's no smell, I mean reasonably no smell... This is not my own statement but said by my visitors.
Recently my farm was visited by some officers from the Government Agencies from Johor Bahru and Melaka, as well as a few farmers from nearby. All of them will never forget to pass this common comment: "How come your farm has no smell? I don't see any flies (lalat la tu...). What is your secret?"

Secret? Do I have any secret? I never used secret product or formula... At all if they want to call it a secret, let them.

I supposed everyone knows or heard about EM, Effective Micro-Organism. This is my secret. But some of the visitors said they used EM but their farm still smell bad. My suggestion is, you change another supplier.

There are many locally produced EM. Some are good and some are not good. The result tells. I'm sure mine was a good one simply because it works... According to my supplier/producer, he imported the main ingredient from Japan. He mixed it with molasses and some other materials.

I cleaned the droppings under the farm every 2 to 3 weeks. From under the farm, I transferred them to in front of the farm. It will be there sometimes 2 to 3 months before I used them as fertilizer for my grass or palm oil plantations nearby. Even for that long period, still there's no smell. Amazing? Quite..!!

How do I apply the EM. Two ways. First step is mixing the EM into drinking tank. Ratio 1 to 1000. Do it twice weekly, every Monday and Thursday. Second step is spray the EM to every part of the farm including the goats. Do it once a month.

EM will help the digestion. As a result, there is no case of "bloating" and very few cases of diarrhea. In short: A healthy goats....

Since I practice ZWDW system, there are traces of EM flowed into the well and sprinkled to grass field, my grass can also enjoy the benefits of EM through the sprinkler and organic fertilizer.
Can I claim that I produce ORGANIC GOATS?

1 comment:

  1. hi

    i am trying to build a goat pen. may i know hwat type of wood is suitable to be used a fencing
    thanks

    ReplyDelete