Sunday, February 1, 2009

Learning Goat Farming


As a hobby, I wish I would grow my goats as pet and as well as friend. I want them to be healthy, clean, well fed and living in some level of comfort. I know it's a challenge to achieve those wishes but I'm willing to invest my time and money into this. I know I would be delighted if the wishes come true...

It will be nice if I can develop the farm on my own land... Yes, I have a piece of land about 1hectare not far from home. It was an abandoned fruit orchard which I failed to develop10 years ago. The only facility available there was a small concrete house about 400 square feets. It has a toilet, living area, kitchen and a store room. Good enough as resting shade, at least...

I started to search the internet about goat; learning about its species (including its sizes and country of origin), diseases and medication, type of grass and food etc... and the learning getting more and more interesting. I visited a few goat farms, from small to large scale farmers. Learning about detail of farm facilities, farm layout design, routine tasks, manpower requirement... I study their strength and weaknesses. Many discoveries and the learning continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment